Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Tutorial #1: Making the Molds for your HOT GLUE Shoes!

HOT GLUE SHOES!!!!! Yes. This is really happening. Zero waste (once you have your molds set), non-toxic, removable shoes that you can make for about thirty cents a pair. 
Before beginning, please make sure to check out my materials list here. 
So here we go! If you like what you see, please remember to share & pin!
Also, if we could please pretend that I don't look like road kill, that would be super sweet.
(insert excuse about being a working mom... blah blah blah... I have a weird muppet voice...this video looks like a hot mess but I promise that it's all good information). 




If you've never made oogoo before, please reference this third party video. I did not make this video, nor am I affiliated with this individual, but it's a good basic primer on how to mix up oogoo from silicone caulk and corn starch/ corn flour. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXhiv_uH8kU
*Update 4/30/15: Putting petroleum jelly on 
your hands before handling oogoo makes it less of a hideous mess. Also make sure to get silicone I, NOT low odor or silicone II caulk, which won't set.
If this seems a bit overwhelming, if you dont have any shoes to make molds of to begin with, or if you simply don't want to goof around with the oogoo, please feel free to swing by Etsy shop and check out my listing for the  oogoo molds pictured in this tutorial.

8 comments:

  1. LOL! You do NOT have a weird Muppet voice. ;) This tutorial is awesome and so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shout out to Rosie - of Rosie Girls Dolls! Thank you, Camille! Great tutorial! No apologies necessary! You are a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The answer to many sleepless nights! Thank you Camille!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camille- Your how to create oogoo mold for doll shoes was fantastic!! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to share this very informative information with us, you were sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your awesome tutorial! Do you work with the silicon mixture with your bare hands?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So it is interesting and very good written and see what they think about other people..
    lebron 11

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I just found your page and I LOVE it so much! I know you haven't updated it in a long time, but thank you for leaving it up as it's sooooo awesome! You have a gift for tutorials! I have a quick question though. My daughter and I wanted to 'make under' some of her old Bratz dolls. We got started, but the 1st Shoe Tutorial: Making the molds for the hot glued shoes, won't load. Says it's not available. Is it maybe available somewhere else? Very eager to get started on the feet! :D Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I have been out of the doll business for a while now, and I dont know if I have the video backed up anywhere. So sorry!

      Delete